You may need legal helps during divorce or separation
It’s often a difficult time, and we’re here to help you on how to look after yourself and the legal issues relating to end a relationship.
We would help
Our legal advices include
You and family law
- The family law system can seem daunting and confusing. With the right information and help, and by focusing on what is best for your children, you will be more likely to be able to make arrangements that suit you and your children.
Your rights and responsibilities
- Your rights and obligations relating to children matters, property issues after divorce or separation
Alternatives to court
- Separating families are encouraged to come to their own arrangements for children and property themselves without going to court. These can be binding formal or informal arrangements.
Money and property matters
- How to divide your money and property after a relationship breakdown can be stressful. The way money and property are shared will depend on your individual circumstances and contributions during the relationship. It may not matter that the property may only be in one person’s name, and even if you earn little or no money, you may still have rights to property.
- The Australian law require the couples have to give at least 12 months living separately before they can apply for a divorce
Going to court
- It’s not very cost and time efficient to go to court if you can not reach the arrangements. Sometime, court may be the last resort, and we can help
Let Our Experience Be Your Guide
Get Your First Consultation Now
Free initial consultation
Guide & Support
Be aware of what you post on Facebook and send via email which may affect the judge’s final decision during the divorce proceedings.
It is of great importance that parents find a proper approach to inform their kids about their separation to avoid extreme and negative influence on their mental life.
It is important that you are conscientious with your own issues and your own money if you would like to obtain a responsible family lawyer.
Family lawyers at Dev Smith Nguyen prefer working in harmony, lay your trust in us and our team will do our best to make you enjoy our companion.
According to South Australia’s family law, you can reach the final property settlement of your marriage breakdown by contested or uncontested property settlement.
Though it is not a typical decision during a divorce and property settlement process, changing your family lawyer should be considered under certain circumstances.