Points table for Business Innovation & Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188A and 188B)
Some Business & Investment visa such as Business Innovation 188A and Investor 188B require applicants meet the criteria of Australian Home Affairs. The criteria are based on variety of factor such as age, business or investment experience, net assets, etc.
Keep in mind
- Points criteria are assessed at the time of invitation.
- You do not need to satisfy all the criteria but you must score at least 65 points or above at the time you apply for Business Innovation visa (subclass 188A) or Investor (subclass 188B)
- You will only be awarded one set of points under each factor. For example, if you have an English language ability of Proficient, you will be awarded 10 points for Proficient English and not points for both Proficient English and Vocational English.
- The criteria in this table are published and reviewed by Australian Home Affairs regularly, and the information in this website is for reference only, not intended for any other purpose.
Trade certificate, diploma or bachelor degree by an Australian education institute; or a bachelor qualification recognised by an educational institution of a recognised standard
A Bachelor degree in business, science or technology by an Australian institution; or a bachelor qualification in business, science or technology by an educational institution of a recognised standard
Net business and personal assets of you, your partner or you and your partner combined in each of the preceding 2 fiscal years of at least:
Not less than AUD500,000
Not less than AUD1 million
Not less than AUD1.5 million
Not less than AUD2 million
You had an ownership interest in one or more main businesses that had an annual turnover in at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before the time of invitation to apply for the visa:
Not less than AUD800,000
Not less than AUD1.3 million
Not less than AUD1.8 million
Not less than AUD2.25 million
Business Innovation stream only
You have held 1 or more main businesses before you were invited to apply for the visa for:
Not less than 4 years within the preceding 5 years
Not less than 7 years within the preceding 8 years
Investor stream only
Immediately before the time of application you held eligible investments of at least AUD100,000 held for:
Not less than 4 years
Not less than 7 years
Business innovation qualifications
Patents or designs registered not less than 1 year before that time and used in the day to day activities of the main business
Trademarks registered not less than 1 year before that time and used in the day to day activities of the main business
An ownership in and day to day participation in the management of one or more main business operated under a formal joint venture agreement/s entered into no less than 1 year before the time
An ownership interest in a main business/s that derives no less than 50% of its annual turnover from export trade
An ownership interest in a main buisness/s not more that 5 years before :
- had an average annualised growth in turnover that was greater than 20% per annum over 3 continuous fiscal years; and
- in at least one of the 3 fiscal years employed 10 or more employees for a total number of hours that was at least the total number of hours that would have been worked by 10 full-time employees
An ownership interest in a main business/s that received :
- a grant from a government body in your home country of at least AUD10,000 for the purposes of early phase start up of a business, product commercialisation, business development or business expansion
- venture capital funding of at least AUD100,000 not more than 4 years before the time of the invitation for the purposes of early phase start up of a business, product commercialisation, business development or business expansion
The nominating State or Territory government agency has determined that your proposed business is of unique and important benefit to the State or Territory where the nominating government agency is located
Let Our Experience Be Your Guide
Get Your Consultation Now
You may be interested
To apply for Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) and get permanent residence, you must be nominated by State or Territory Government Agency..
To apply for Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 189) and get permanent residence, you must meet the criteria of Australian Home Affairs.
Some Business & Investment visa such as Business Innovation 188A and Investor 188B require applicants meet the criteria of Australian Home Affairs.
To apply for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) and get permanent residence, you must meet the criteria of Australian Home Affairs.
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply for migration to Australia
Explore the options and guidelines for temporary visa holders or foreigners to buy residential properties in Australia